Co-authored (2 out of 8 chapters) by the Engineers Tools founder the “Power Transformer Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis” book provides a useful account of modern condition monitoring techniques for Power Transformers.
Quoting from the Institution of Engineering and Technology who publishes this book:
Topics covered include concepts and challenges in power transformer condition monitoring and diagnosis; dissolved gas analysis, measurements and interpretations; moisture analysis for power transformers; assessing degree of polymerisation value considering thermal ageing and paper moisture; frequency response analysis; monitoring of power transformers by mechanical oscillations; lifecycle management of power transformers in a new energy era; and other topics in power transformer asset management and remnant life. Each chapter covers the fundamentals and theory of the topic, and conveys techniques to measure relevant parameters and assess or interpret the results.The IET
Power Transformer Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis is essential reading for researchers in academia and industry involved with power transformer R&D,engineers in utilities working with equipment monitoring techniques, and advanced students in power engineering.
This book comprises the following chapters:
- Dissolved gas analysis, measurements and interpretations
- Partial discharges: keys for condition monitoring and diagnosis of power transformers
- Moisture analysis for power transformers
- Assessing DP value of a power transformer considering thermal ageing and paper moisture
- Frequency response analysis
- Monitoring of power transformers by mechanical oscillations
- Lifecycle management of power transformers in a new energy era
- Power transformer asset management and remnant life
You can support Engineers Tools by buying this book in Amazon following the link below.